9 Tips for Better Tasting Semen (and why you should care!)
Why should you care what your semen tastes like? Well, there are many reasons – but the main reason you should care is because it’s often the #1 factor for determining how often you receive oral sex! If you suffer from “funky spunk” – you may be getting way less oral sex than you should be. Luckily we have you covered with 9 easy tips for making your semen taste better.
This may come as a huge surprise to some guys, but many women do not love the taste of semen. Unfortunately for men, this can seriously impact how often you receive oral sex – and also determine if your partner will allow you to ‘finish’ in her mouth – which most guys seem to really enjoy. I know all this to be true – because early on in my sexual timeline, I had a girlfriend tell me that my spunk did “not taste great”.
Upon hearing that, I implemented many of these changes, and the results were quite dramatic. Not only did my semen start tasting better (according to my girlfriend), but it was also thicker and creamier – and due to some of the tricks I’ll tell you about – there was also much more of it!
This is just one of many reasons why it’s a good idea for men to take action to make their semen taste better. Not only can it result in you getting more “oral”- you might start shooting bigger semen loads as well. The fact is, you can make a big difference in how your semen tastes – and you can make semen taste good with very little effort on your part.
What Does Semen Actually Taste Like?
What does my semen taste like? A question that men have considered for many generations. Of course this is a very tricky question – as the taste of semen varies greatly which makes it hard to definitely say what cum “should” taste like.
While there are many different flavors associated with the taste of semen, in general the taste of semen is slightly salty and often slightly bitter, and sometimes musky. The taste of semen also can depend on its viscosity – sometimes it’s thick and creamy, or it can by thinner and runny. Often the thicker that semen is – the stronger its taste will be.
Some women describe semen as tasting somewhat coppery, or like chlorine, and even bleach! At best – many women would describe the taste of semen as being “tolerable” – which most men won’t be pleased to hear. However, you can quickly take action to turn the tide.
Most men don’t realize that there are many things we can eat and drink – that can make your semen taste better.
We constantly hear from both guys and gals with the question “what does semen actually taste like”? That doesn’t mean that most of these people haven’t already tasted semen before – it often is really asked because people are really wondering – what is semen SUPPOSED to taste like?
If you ask 100 different people what semen tastes like – you’ll likely receive 100 different responses, which will all reflect that particular person’s experience in the semen they’ve tasted.
5 Factors That Can Affect the Taste of Your Semen:
- Food – There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that what you eat affects the taste of your cum.
- Beverages – Certain beverages (coffee, alcohol, juices, etc. – can have a positive or negative influence on your semen taste.
- Lifestyle – Things like cigarettes and prescription drugs can influence your semen.
- Health – Your overall health, including weight, fitness, etc. can impact your ejaculate.
- Chemicals – Long term exposure to chemicals and other contaminants can negatively affect your semen.
As you can see – there are many different factors which will alter and/or affect the taste of your semen. Also, the thickness – or viscosity – of your semen will change how it tastes to your partner. If your cum is thick and creamy – then your partner will probably notice the taste more – while thin and “runny” semen will probably be easier to swallow and have less after-taste.
5 Can I Change the Taste of my Semen?
Yes, you can definitely improve the taste of your semen. While it is quite easy to do so, it may take a few weeks before the changes you implement actually become noticeable in the taste of your semen.
If you really want to know what your semen tastes like – there’s really only one way for you to gain first hand knowledge.
If you’re not willing to try that – then you’ll just have to take our word for it that the techniques listed here will improve the taste of your semen.
Semen taste is usually fairly easy to improve. While many factors are involve in determining semen taste, the quickest way to change the taste of your semen is by the foods you eat.
Most men don’t realize how much their diet dictates the taste of their cum. The good news is that this makes it quite easy to improve the taste of your semen without leaving home – and without spending money.
There are some supplements which claim to specifically change the taste of your semen – but the fact is that these are not necessary. There are many foods you can add to your diet that are inexpensive, easy to buy, and will provide more dramatic results for improving the taste of your semen.
As an added bonus, you will likely improve your overall health at the same time you’re improving the taste of your semen. Most of the foods and tips we discuss here that improve the taste of semen offer several other important health benefits as well.
In other words, the foods that will improve or sweeten the taste of your semen are all foods that are good for you. One of the most common claims is that eating fruits like pineapple, papaya, and oranges will make semen taste sweeter. While this is generally true, this may have less to do with the sugar content of the fruit itself, than how certain enzymes break down and affect various proteins, like bromelian.
Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple juice and in the pineapple stem. People have used it for centuries as a natural medicine. Bromelain seems to be the main factor in why pineapple juice makes your semen taste sweeter. Bromelain is also used for reducing swelling (inflammation), and provides superior support for healthy digestion.
Foods to Improve Semen Taste
While understandably there are not many medical studies regarding the taste of semen, there is a lot of “anecdotal” evidence – backed by wives and girlfriends – that certain foods will improve the taste of semen. Most of these are fruits or vegetables which have natural sugars that make semen taste sweeter.
Eating foods with natural sugars gives semen a sweeter taste. This includes most fruits, such as apples or pineapples. The sugars enter the body and affect the flavor so that your semen tastes better.
Below in our “9 Tips for Better Tasting Semen” – you will find some foods that are generally accepted to improve the taste of your semen.
9 Tips to Make Your Semen Taste Better
- Stop Smoking – Tobacco, coffee, and other substances like drugs are thought to have a bad effect on your sweat and possibly your semen. Consuming any of these substances can reportedly cause the flavor to be more acidic, bitter, pungent, or sour.
- Drink Less Coffee – See above. We’re not saying you have to quit coffee altogether, but too much caffeine will have a negative impact on the taste of your semen.
- Eat Pineapple – Pineapple is generally considered as one of the best foods you can eat to improve the taste of your semen. As a bonus, most women agree that Pineapple makes semen smell better as well.
- Drink More Water – Yes, they say this about everything – but when it comes to semen, hydration IS very important. Semen is about 96% water, so if your body is dehydrated then your semen is not going to be quite right. Drinking more water will help you have healthier semen that has the correct consistency.
- Easy on the Booze – Alcohol can affect your sweat, which in turn can affect your scent and possibly the taste of your semen. Anecdotal evidence suggests that alcohol can create a bitter and sour flavor, but this will depend on the type of alcohol you drink. Generally speaking, heavy alcohol consumption will also have a negative effect on your sperm motility, quality, and quantity.
- Papaya – Papaya is a fruit rich in vitamins and nutrients that has natural sugars to make your semen taste sweeter
- Exercise – The health of your reproductive system is directly related to the overall health of your body. Getting regular exercise and having a healthy body will increase the chances that your semen production is normal and also tastes better.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is considered one of the best tried and true foods to make your semen taste sweeter and is known to get rid of unwanted, bad tastes. Cinnamon is used as a mouth freshener and it leaves a sweet taste during blowjobs. Along with cinnamon, other spices such as peppermint and peppers are known to have similar effects.
- Reduce Red Meat Consumption – Red meat and dairy products are both thought to have a negative impact on semen taste. Adding a little more fruit and a little less meat to your daily diet is a quick and easy way to make your semen taste better.
Don’t forget – the vast majority of semen consists of water and so drinking a lot of water can help increase the amount of semen produced, and will make it taste better. Having around 8-10 glasses of water is a great habit and is helps improve sexual function. You should avoid caffeine or alcohol as much as possible – as they can make your semen taste bitter and disgusting.
Keep in mind when it comes to different foods altering the taste of YOUR semen – your mileage may vary. Everyone’s body is different, and not all things work for all people. However, the tips listed above have generally shown good results for improving the taste of semen.
Also remember that results don’t happen overnight, and it might take a few weeks of implementing these changes before your semen will have a noticeable change in taste, but it likely WILL happen.
Healthy Body + Healthy Lifestyle = Better Tasting Semen
The fact is that a healthy body is more likely to produce good-tasting semen than an unhealthy body will. If you improve your overall health, whether through diet, nutrition, or exercise – you’ll likely improve the taste of your semen as well.
Remember – “Some pineapple each day keeps the semen tasting OK”! And if these rules you don’t follow – she likely won’t swallow!
If you try any other foods that you find improve the taste of your semen, let us know in the comments below – we’d love to hear it!
Thanks for reading!